Professional Photos for Hinge, Bumble and Happn

Professional Hinge Photos
Professional Hinge, Bumble and Happn Photos

Professional Photos for your Hinge, Bumble and Happn profile

Are you using online dating apps Hinge, Bumble or Happn? How are your photos looking? With bars and clubs closed, it’s now even more important than ever to have high-quality photos on your profiles.

How does it all work?

Normally I shoot in urban settings and parks, but you are more than welcome to book a location shoot, and you can decide where you want to be photographed.

During your shoot I will take many photos (usually around 500), from which I will select the “proofs”, or the best images (normally between 50-100). You then select your top photos (number dependent on package), and I will professionally colour correct them and retouch them to get you looking your absolute best self.

Why Choose Jordan?

With many options now available for professional online dating photos, why choose Jordan over a competitor? Firstly, Jordan is the only photographer working under his brand. With Jordan, you can guarantee he will be your photographer.

Jordan has photographed hundreds of people for their Hinge and other online dating profiles.

Three things go into getting a good photo of a subject, obviously, the technical aspects of the photo are important, I only use top-of-the-line Canon lenses, and use soft lighting. The next is location and backgrounds, which I keep clean and make you the focus of the image. The third and often overlooked element of a good dating photo is to have a relaxed subject. If someone is relaxed they look good. I often say 90% of a good photo is having a relaxed subject, the other 10% is the technical aspects.

In The Press

I’ve recently been quoted in British GQ about what makes the best dating photos.

From David Levesley’s story:

While professional Tinder photographer Jordan Shields also says to avoid group shots, he suggests you replace them with photos where you’re doing activities “that perhaps the other person could see themselves doing with you. Sell yourself as the dream guy that someone wants to spend time with, [doing] whatever it is you do.”

“Do wear new or dry-cleaned clothes, no faded polo shirts,” adds Shields. “Even a new white T-shirt looks nice.” Dress to impress and make sure your grooming is up to snuff too. “Do neaten up your beard or facial hair, or go clean-shaven,” says Shields. “It can’t be somewhere in the middle.”

For Jordan Shields, some things are pretty dependable: “medium shots, basically portraits from the waist up” are best, he says. For day looks appear relaxed, for evening shots make sure you’re dressed up for a night on the town.

Other things, however, are far from gospel. “It really does differ from guy to guy. Some men get better results smiling and looking at the camera, some find looking away and being more serious in their photos works better, but I’m sure that says more about what others are attracted to, so why not try both?”

Can I find out more?

Check out my FAQ or if you’ve got a question not covered, get in touch here.

Book My Shoot Now!